Engineering Camp Overview
This weeklong program is designed to introduce high school students to engineering. Students will choose between three available tracks:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
Students will work with engineering professors within their specialty in the classroom and lab to complete hands-on projects. With their chosen track, students will complete the following projects:
- Soldering Training
- FM Radio Receiver
- Persistence of Vision Display
- Raspberry Pi Microcomputer
- Digital Forensics
- Home Server Setups
- Beginner Python Programming
- Lab Specimen Dissections
- Anatomy & Physiology Labs
- Biomedical Experiments
Who should attend?
This camp is open to high school students with interests in science and math and those considering engineering or computer sciences as possible college majors.
Students will stay in a modern residence hall on the Indiana Tech campus. Students should bring bed linens, pillows, and towels. Meals will be provided in the university’s dining hall.
Students will be treated to social activities that may include: movies, bowling, table tennis, billiards, and video gaming (Kinect, Xbox 360).
Additionally, students may take part in free-time activities such as volleyball, basketball, softball, and Frisbee golf.
Camp begins with evening check-in on June 16 and ends with an evening open house on June 21.
- Until May 6, the cost is $525.
- After May 6, the cost is $595.
Cost includes all project materials, housing and meals on campus, a T-shirt, and all camp activities.
To register, please complete and submit this registration form.
- To pay by check: Please print the completed form and mail it with your check to:
1600 E. Washington Blvd.
- To pay by credit card: Please save a completed PDF of this form and email it to DJWillson@IndianaTech.edu; then use our online payment form to submit your credit card information.
For more information, contact Dave Aschliman, dean of the College of Engineering, at DAAschliman@IndianaTech.edu or
260.422.5561 ext. 2102.