Indiana Tech has a growing recycling program on campus.
- Ink Toners/Cartridges—are recycled through the Heads Up Foundation. In order to recycle these items they should be packaged in their original packaging if possible, if not please make sure they are sealed and clearly marked “recycle”. Then place the items near the outgoing mail where they will be picked up and stored until they are picked up by the Heads Up Foundation.
- Batteries—are recycled through Batteries Plus. There are containers throughout campus in most buildings for battery disposal. For bigger batteries please contact Building and Grounds Dept.
- Electronic Waste—such as computers, televisions, microwaves, cell phones, and anything else that may have a circuit board are sent to a non for profit company that separates all the different types of metal for recycling. None of these components are sent overseas.
- Paper/Cardboard, Metal, Glass, and Plastics—are all recycled through Serv All. Containers are provided for theses throughout campus.
- Grease—From the kitchen is recycled through G.A. Wintzer and Son.
- Oil—is recycled through Action Environmental. It is used in a fuel blend for heating.
- Mercury Containing Objects—Mainly consisting of our lights but includes any other mercury containing objects, are recycled through Lighting Recourses. There the mercury is abstracted from the objects collected and reused and glass is then sent off to be recycled.
If you have any questions or comments about Tech’s recycling please email the Environmental Management Coordinator at email@example.com.
For other information and more resources on recycling, visit Earth911.com.