Each year at Commencement, Indiana Tech honors one faculty member with the Faculty of the Year Award.
The Faculty of the Year Award recipient demonstrates excellence in teaching in the following ways:
- Knows the subject matter well and effectively teaches the material
- Has high expectations and helps the students to achieve them
- Is approachable and willing to help individual students
- Models the kind of behavior he or she desires in the students
- Provides opportunities for learning and growth to students
- Builds strong relationships with students and colleagues
A committee of students in traditional programs and the College of Professional Studies chooses the winner from nominations submitted by students.
To submit your nomination for the 2013-14 Faculty of the Year Award, send Nancy Johnson an email with the following information:
- The professor's name
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- A brief explanation of why you believe your chosen professor is worthy of the award
Nominations also may be submitted by completing the Faculty of the Year Award nomination form. Print and return the form to Nancy Johnson in the Office of Academic Affairs in Cunningham Business Center.
All nominations must be received by Wednesday, April 16, 2014 by 5 p.m.