Our Academic Approach
To serve a wide variety of learners, our degree programs are offered in multiple formats:
- Traditional: Classes meet multiple times each week for 15-week semesters. These classes are scheduled during the day, which is why we often referred to as "day" programs. Students in traditional programs are usually young adults who have recently graduated from high school. Many of them are in involved in athletics or other activities, and they may live on campus.
- Accelerated: The College of Professional Studies (CPS) focuses on nontraditional learners by offering classes in an accelerated format. These classes meet once a week (usually evenings or weekends) for 5-week or 6-week sessions. Students in accelerated programs are usually employed full-time and seeking career advancement or a change of career. They attend classes at Indiana Tech locations throughout Indiana and Kentucky.
- Online: The College of Professional Studies also offers online degree programs. These classes are also accelerated, spanning 5 or 6 weeks. However, students can access the material on their own timeframe from anywhere they have broadband Internet access.
Areas of study
Indiana Tech offers traditional, accelerated, and online degree programs within the following colleges. The university will also open a law school in fall 2013.
College of Business
Degree programs in accounting, business, fashion marketing and management, and organizational leadership prepare students to be successful professionals in complex business environments.
» Visit the College of Business web site
College of Engineering & Computer Sciences
College of Engineering
Indiana Tech began as an engineering school and still offers cutting edge and high demand engineering majors. Recently added majors include biomedical engineering and energy engineering.
» Visit the College of Engineering web site
School of Computer Sciences
The School of Computer Sciences provides rigorous preparation for careers in growing technology fields such as information systems, computer security and investigation, web development, and software engineering. Students often take projects for area business, and some compete on our nationally recognized cyber defense team.
» Visit the School of Computer Sciences web site
College of General Studies
College of General Studies
The College of General Studies encompasses a range of specialized degree programs such as communication, psychology, therapeutic recreation and recreation management.
» Visit the College of General Studies web site
Center for Criminal Sciences
Degrees in criminal justice and pre-law take a practical approach to criminal sciences. Coursework combines theory with field experience to provide a realistic view of related career fields.
» Visit the Center for Criminal Sciences web site
School of Education
Indiana Tech’s education degree programs emphasis classroom fieldwork early and often. This approach helps students develop their own teaching styles while learning to handle a variety of classroom situations.
» Visit the School of Education web site
Our academic approach
Indiana Tech’s degree programs all share three traits:
- Relationship-based education, which means that faculty and staff take a personal interest in helping you achieve your goals
- Career-focused curriculum, which ensure that your education at Indiana Tech will prepare you for success in the workforce
- Small class sizes, which facilitate personal attention, hands-on activities, and projects with real-world applications