- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, Ph.D., 1991
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, M.S., 1998
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, M.A., 1986
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY, B.S., 1984
Experience in Academia
Dean, College of Business, Indiana Tech
Professor of Finance and Economics, Indiana Tech
Dean, Reeves School of Business & Economics, Methodist University, Fayetteville, NC.
- I served as the Chief Academic and Administrative Officer in the Reeves School of Business.
Professor of Finance & Economics, Reeves School of Business
- As a professor at Methodist University, I delighted in studying a wide variety of topics with my undergraduate and graduate students. Together, we investigated Statistics, Investments, Corporate Finance, Personal Finance, Money and Banking, International Finance, Managerial Economics, and Marco and Micro Principles. Along the way I received tenure, was promoted to Full Professor, served as Program Coordinator and Department Chair, but learning with my students was definitely the highlight of my time at Methodist.
Assistant Professor of Economics, College of Business, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- I had the pleasure of studying Intermediate Macroeconomics as well as International Finance and Financial Markets and Institutions with my undergraduate and graduate students.
Assistant Professor of Economics, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- I enjoyed studying intermediate macroeconomics, money and banking, and econometrics with my undergraduate students.
Assistant Professor of Economics, University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
- In this, my first full-time teaching experience, I learned as much as my undergraduate and graduate students as we studied Financial Markets and Institutions, International Finance, and Macroeconomics.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Household Debt Levels, Disposable Income, and Personal Bankruptcy," (with J.R. Marcin), Business Economics Institute International Conference Proceedings, December, 2008.
- "Experiential Learning Using Business Concepts," American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences 14th Annual Conference Proceedings, February, 2007.
- "Experiential Learning: In the Classroom and in the Community," American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences 13th Annual Conference Proceedings, February, 2006.
- "Teaching Entrepreneurship through Nontraditional Formats," Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs 12th Annual Conference Proceedings, June, 2005.
- "Perceptions of Gender: Does It Effect Audience Receptivity?" American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences 12th Annual Conference Proceedings, February, 2005.
- "From Good to Great through Games and Experiences," Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs 16th Annual Conference Proceedings, June, 2004.
- "Penalties and Exclusion in the Rescheduling and Forgiveness of International Loans," (with J.A. Carlson and A.M. Husian), International Monetary Fund Working Paper, WP/97/95, August, 1997.
- "Debt, Deficits, and Long-term Rates," Studies In Economics and Finance, Spring, 1997
- Study Guide: The Macroeconomy, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice Hall, 1996.
- "Outcomes Assessment for Business Education," (with C. Kremer), Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs 8th Annual Conference Proceedings, July, 1996.
- Instructor’s Manual: Modern Economics, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice Hall, 1995.