Providing For Tomorrow... Today
There are several ways you can give to Indiana Tech. If you're not sure which is the best way for you, please be sure to talk with someone in our office so we can help you make an informed decision.
As an outright gift
Agility and relevance are two words that signify the change and dynamics here at Indiana Tech. The most effective gift is an unrestricted cash award which we ill apply to the most effective opportunity that helps students and promotes educational excellence. You can also designate an area of special interest for your donation using our secure online form, or by calling our office at 260.399.2846.
Through planned giving
Planned giving options to consider are:
- Designating Indiana Tech as a beneficiary of your estate: The simple bequest/trust is highly customizable.
- Creating a Charitable Gift Annuity: An annuity can provide guaranteed income for you and your spouse and, ultimately, forward support to the university. More information can be found American Council on Gift Annuities.
- Making a gift of IRA distributions: As a non-profit university, Indiana Tech can be named the designee of your required minimum distributions.
The simple bequest remains an extremely effective means of expressing thanks and support. Remembering Indiana Tech in your estate planning can offer significant advantages both to you and to the university’s students.
The declaration of an estate gift enhances the value of Indiana Tech today; well before actual delivery.
Common objectives are:
- Effective distribution of accumulated wealth
- Stable income provisions throughout life
- Minimization of estate tax obligations
The right approach will depend greatly on your personal situation, needs, and objectives. Accordingly, the experienced staff in Institutional Advancement is committed to helping you discover the best gift planning solution that achieves all of your financial and charitable giving goals.
In all cases, your declaration of your intention becomes part of the asset base of the university and immediately enhances the value of the institution.
The details of your promise remain confidential, of course, but by including Indiana Tech in your estate planning, you will be honored as a member of the Archie T. Keene Society.
Charitable gift annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a safe, simple way to receive a high, fixed-rate income for life. Here's how it works:
- Make a gift to Indiana Tech with a minimum amount of $25,000. There is no limit on the maximum contribution allowed.
- Receive guaranteed payments back to you from Indiana Tech, beginning after you reach at least age 50.
- Rates of payment are established by the American Council on Gift Annuities.
- Receive a personal tax deduction.
- Potential for reduced estate taxes.
- You have helped Indiana Tech and provided a guaranteed income stream.
A reminder before you give...
Always consult your financial professional to see how these options fit your personal plan.
For more information on estate planning and charitable gift annuities and how these options might work in your circumstances, or how to give in other ways, please contact us at 260.399.2846 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of Indiana Tech!