Admission, Financial Aid, and Athletics Eligibilty
Admission to Indiana Tech is determined by various factors; primary factors include a student’s GPA, ACT or SAT scores and class rank. Acceptance criteria may also vary by major; however, our average applicant has a GPA above 2.8, an average test score of a 20 ACT or 980 SAT (writing omitted) and is typically in the top half of the graduating class.
How do I apply?
Interested students can apply online at or request a paper applciation for our admissions office. Any fees when submitting a paper application are waived by the athletics' office.
You will need to send an official high school transcript as well as official ACT or SAT scores to complete the application process. Letters of recommendation, essays, or an interview may also be required for acceptance purposes.
Also, upon graduation you will need to send a final official transcript with proof of graduation (date of graduation with administrator’s signature).
Please be sure you file your FAFSA form on time. This form is available starting Jan. 1st of your senior year. Please note there are deadlines to file this form that vary by the student’s state of residence (MI-March 1, IN-March 10). It is recommended that most students file before March 1st for the best possible funding.
Indiana Tech offers both academic and athletic scholarships:
- Academic Scholarships: Academic scholarships are based on your academic profile that is your GPA, class rank and test scores. The higher those numbers the higher your scholarship.
- Athletic Scholarships: Athletic scholarships are influenced by what you have accomplished at high school and therefore the potential contribution we see you making to our team.
- Athletic scholarships are made only after completion of the FAFSA form and Tech determining the amount of institutional money awarded to you. A “full ride” at Tech is the total amount of our tuition.
What should I study while at Tech?
Our roots are in Engineering but we have branched out to include:
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- General Studies
For a complete list of majors and more information on the admissions process, please visit the admission Web site.
How do I schedule a visit with Indiana Tech?
Thorough tours are given by our admissions office either at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, year-round and additionally at 10 a.m. on Saturdays from September through May.
To schedule a tour, you can complete our visit campus form or contact Coach Edgar or Coach Wolfe to set up an appointment.
What is the athletic eligibility for NAIA schools as a freshmen?
You must meet any 2 of the following 3 criteria upon graduation from high school:
- Minimum cumulative GPA above a 2.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Minimum score of 18 on ACT or an 860 on SAT (not including the writing section)
- Rank in the top half of your graduating class
What does the cross country program at Tech look for in an athlete?
To be considered to for cross country program at Tech, we strongly encourage the following:
- A good person who was raised to know right from wrong and good from bad.
- A student who understands that the first priority at college is getting an education upon which to base their life after college.
- An athlete who is always willing to work hard to be the best he or she can be.