BA 2020 Operations Management
BA 2020 provides students with an introduction to the
concepts of Operations and Operations Management.
Topics include product and service design, capacity
planning, design of facilities and work systems, location
planning, and lean manufacturing concepts.
Operations Management, 8th edition; Stevenson,
William J. McGraw-Hill/Irwin. New York, New York. 2005
BA 2010 - Principles of Management
Specific Concepts to Address:
- The nature of the operations manager's job
- The relationship of operations management to supply chain management
- Methods for identifying poor productivity and improving it
- The financial and competitive implications of effective product and service design
- Considerations and approaches in evaluating and optimizing capacity utilization
- Comparison of job shop versus process manufacturing and assembly operations.
- The process and factors related to location decisions.
- Methods and factors in developing effective product/process layouts
Thoroughly discuss the methods and tools used
to measure the performance of an operations facility
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities in operations related to globalization and outsourcing
Discuss operations' role in new product development
and product modification/improvement, and specific approaches
to reducing the length of the development cycle
Differentiate the management techniques required
in operations from those in the various staff
functions such as marketing and financial management
- Current resume
- Job descriptions for each operations position held
- Recent performance evaluation with applicable signatures
- Letter from immediate supervisor documenting your operations involvement and role
- Documentation of operations-related training including any professional certifications