ENG 1270 English Composition II
English Composition II ENG 1270 is a second course in composition
with an emphasis on papers that evidence scholarly research for a
variety of aims and audiences. It is designed to introduce the
student to the art and methodology of doing scholarly research.
The primary focus is on the development and completion of a
A Writer's Reference; Hacker, Diane. Prentice Hall.
The Macmillan Reader; Nadell, Judith. New York: Macmillan.
Specific Concepts to Address:
- Writing process
- Essay types (narrative, persuasive, informative, research)
- Research methods and documentation
- Audience analysis
- Strategies for research, subject selection and narrowin, organization and proofreading
- MLA research and documentation style
Portfolio narrative should address the process of how
one goes about writing a paper. The quality of writing
in the portfolio narrative will be weighed heavily in
judging whether the student evidences the writing skills
necessary for credit.
- Analysis of style and structure
- Proper documentation style (preferably MLA or APA)
- Papers (2 maximum) from other college level courses
- Evidence of teaching or tutoring English
- Bibliography of research references