HUM 3720 Critical Thinking
Critical Thinking HUM 3720 is a comprehensive study of
the various reasoning techniques and most common reasoning
fallacies. It is designed the student to develop a critical
eye and ear for information presented to them.
Critical Thinking; Moore, B. N. and R. Parker. McGraw-Hill.
HUM 2010 or
Specific Concepts to Address:
- Understanding claims
- Evaluating information claims
- Non-argumentative persuasion
- Inductive and deductive argumentation
- Practical application and value of studying critical thinking
- Using critical thinking to evaluate and analyze and article or piece of research
- Case study evaluations
- Analysis of research