MIS 2150 Component Analysis and Design
MIS 2500 Component Analysis and Design is a continuation of
MIS2100 Networking and Infrastructure. There is an application
of networking technologies as they relate to business environments.
Students analyze and design network topology for a new environment
and existing structure with an emphasis on compatibility.
Comer, Douglas E., Computer Networks and Internets, 2e, Upper Saddle River, Prentice Hall, 1999.
Specific Concepts to Address:
- IP datagram format forwarding · How packets are transmitted
- Client-server operations
- Sockets as used in data communications
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- File Transport Protocol (FTP)
- How the World Wide Web can be integrated into business
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Network security and tools
- Network design and implementation experience
- Network administration experience
- Relevant job descriptions
- Performance appraisals relevant to topic
- Proof of relevant training
- Original documents of design or administration