MIS 4200 Systems Analysis and Design
MIS 4200 Systems Analysis and Design is an overview of the
systems development life cycle with an emphasis on techniques
and rolls of system documentation and logical system specifications.
Kendall, Kenneth E., and Julie E. Kendall, Systems
Analysis and Design, 4e, Upper Saddle River, Prentice Hall, 1999.
Specific Concepts to Address:
- Concept of a system
- Systems development life cycle from a systems analyst perspective
- Organizational setting and system design
- The data flow process for an application
- Preparation, writing and evaluation of systems proposals
- Software engineering process
- System documentation
- System specifications
- Thorough analysis of the impact of an organizational setting on system design
- Examples of systems analyses you have done
- Writing skill expected of a professionally employed adult
- Relevant job descriptions
- Performance appraisals relevant to topic
- Proof of relevant training
- Sample proposals, feasibility studies, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Analysis documents