PSY 3730 Aging
PSY 3730 Aging is an introduction to the process of aging.
It is a directed study in the biological, psychological,
and psychosocial factors affecting the elderly.
Adult Development and Aging; Schaie, K. W., & S. L. Willis. Prentice Hall.
Specific Concepts to Address:
- Major theories of aging
- Process of death and dying
- Life issues affecting adults
- Physical and mental disorders
- Analysis of current conditions and their impact on the elderly
- Identify examples of ageism in the media
- Writing skills expected of a professionally employed adult
- Related continuing education
- Job descriptions
- Community involvement, professional and personal