Each student is assigned a faculty advisor to help with choices about curriculum and coursework. The advisors are full-time faculty members and are especially equipped to discuss various academic issues.
Advisors are selected based on the specific academic needs of your area of study. Once your advisor is assigned, you will receive his or her phone number and e-mail address, so that you can contact him or her at your convenience.
Reasons for speaking with your advisor may include:
- Discussing differences in the content of degree programs and determining whether you should change programs or concentrations
- Identifying career opportunities in your field of expertise
- Understanding certification processes (e.g., Society of Human Resource Management, CMA, etc.)
- Deciding whether to continue on for a bachelor's or master's degree
- Taking advantage of your advisor's knowledge and experience to get the most out of your college education.
Who is my advisor?
If you've misplaced contact information for your advisor, consult the chart below. Academic advisors are assigned based on your degree program and campus location. To determine who your advisor is, follow these steps:
1. Find your degree program in the first column.
2. Look for your campus location in the second column.
- FW is Fort Wayne, Huntington, Kendallville and surrounding class locations. Online students also use FW advisors.
- NW is Elkhart, Mishawaka, Munster, Warsaw, and northwest Indiana.
- IN is Indianapolis, Fishers, Greenwood, Plainfield, New Albany and surrounding class locations.
3. Look across to the third column to see who your advisor is. You can e-mail your advisor by clicking on his or her name or call your advisor at 800.288.1766, followed by 1 and the extension listed below.