If you have any questions regarding library policies, contact the library director.
- Students and alumni must show a current Indiana Tech student ID card or alumni card when borrowing materials.
- Books are circulated for a period of three weeks and may be renewed if there is no other request.
- Borrowed items may be returned via the library book drops located at the circulation desk and at the South entrance to Andorfer Commons.
- Materials returned late accrue a fine of twenty-five cents per book per library business day. The business office will be notified of any fees owed.
- Students will be billed for the fees if they do not pay when the material is returned to the library. Grades, transcripts, and diplomas will be withheld
- for overdue library materials or monies owed.
Lost books must be reported immediately to the director. The fine on lost items will be the book cost plus a ten-dollar processing fee.
- Reference books, periodicals, and microform items do not circulate.
- A photocopier is available for student use within reason (10 page limit).
- If the McMillen Library does not own the material needed for research, a request for articles or books can be made from other libraries through interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loan requests may take two to three weeks, so it is essential that students plan ahead.
- ILL forms are available at the reference desk. When filling out an ILL form, requestor must include their full name, telephone numbers, email addresses, and dates requested.
- Requested articles are free for students to keep.
- Overdue ILL books accrue a fine of one dollar per book per day.
- Students will be notified if the library is unable to supply the requested material.
Food and Drink Policy
Food and drinks are allowed in the café area only. Do not bring food or drinks into the library.
Music Playing Policy
Students may listen to music from the computers or from personal music devices only if earphones are used. Playing music loudly through earphones will not be tolerated. The playing of loud music in the library disrupts services to other users.
Cell Phone Policy
Cell phones are welcome in the café; however they are restricted in the library. This is for consideration of others in regards to noise levels. Please turn your phones to courtesy mode when in the library. Infraction Cards will be given in violation of this policy.
New policies or updates to current policies are at the discretion of the library director.