The dining hall in Andorfer Commons is open to commuter students and guests as well as campus residents. Those who live off-campus can purchase a meal card and have the convenience of dining on campus without having to carry cash. A meal plan card can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner any day of the week, and meal plan cardholders also have access to special dining hall events throughout the school year.
A variety of foods are offered at each meal. Breakfast includes hot dishes as well as continental fare. Lunch and dinner feature specials each day along with pizza, deli sandwiches, grilled items, salad bar, refillable beverages, and desserts.
Menu for the week of Nov. 24
Dining hall hours
Regular hours for the 2013-14 year are:
Monday through Friday
- Hot breakfast: 7:15 to 9 a.m.
- Continental breakfast: 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lite lunch options (deli, salad, pizza): 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Full lunch menu: 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Lite dinner options (deli, salad, pasta): 4 to 5 p.m.
- Full dinner menu: 5 to 7 p.m.
- Warrior Pizza (meal exchange option for dinner conflicts): 8 to 11:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
- Brunch: 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 to 6:15 p.m.
Dining Services has three meal plans available to students residing on campus plus two additional plans for those living in Yergens-Rogers Hall, Warrior Row A & B, or commuter students. First-year students living in the residence halls are required to have a 19-meal plan. All second-year students and above living in Evans-Kimmell or Oropeza Hall are required to have either the 19-, 10- or 5-meal plan,
Meal plans can be purchased in the Business Office (Abbott Center, 1st Floor).
- 19-Meal Plan: Allows students to dine at all resident meals offered by Dining Services. It is required for students residing in Pierson Center, Warrior Row C, Kalbfleisch Hall, and first-year students in Evans-Kimmell and Oropeza Halls.
- 10-Meal Plan: Allows students to dine for lunch and dinner only Monday through Friday. It is one of the options for second-year and up students in Evans-Kimmell and Oropeza Halls. It is also available to students in Yergens-Rogers Hall, Warrior Row A & B, or commuter students.
- 5-Meal Plan: Allows students to dine for lunch only Monday through Friday. It is one of the options for second-year and up students in Evans-Kimmell and Oropeza Halls. It is also available to students in Yergens-Rogers Hall, Warrior Row A & B, or commuter students.
- 100-Meal Card: Allows students residing in Yergens-Rogers Hall, Warrior Row A & B, or commuter students to purchase a block of meals to be used throughout the academic year at any meal period.
- 50-Meal Card: Allows students residing in Yergens-Rogers Hall, Warrior Row A & B, or commuter students to purchase block of meals to be used throughout the academic year at any meal period.
Dining hall prices
Regular meal prices for the 2013-2014 academic year are:
- Breakfast: $5.45
- Continental breakfast: $4.65
- Lunch: $7.00
- Weekend Brunch: $5.45
- Dinner: $8.35
- Special event: $9.50
Meal plan cards are available to provide convenience and savings. Costs for meal plan cards are:
- 50 meals per semester: $359.00
- 100 meals per semester: $676.00
Meal plan cards can be purchased in the business office, Abbott Center, first floor.
Indiana Tech's dining hall is operated by Creative Dining Services. The following links provided by Creative Dining offer nutrition information.
Nutrition Info 4 You: General information on topics related to health and nutrition.
Nutritional Information: Nutrition details for foods served in the dining hall.
Growing for the Good: Information on sustainability efforts in Creative Dining.