Fort Wayne Higher Education Consortium
The Fort Wayne Higher Educational Consortium is a group of seven area institutions: Indiana Tech, Huntington University, IPFW, Ivy Tech Community College, Manchester College, Taylor University-Fort Wayne, and the University of Saint Francis. The Consortium permits Indiana Tech students to enroll in a regularly offered course during a semester (up to a maximum of four courses during a student’s academic career) at any other Consortium school under the following conditions.
- Students must be enrolled as a traditional degree-seeking student at Indiana Tech.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 9 credit hours at Indiana Tech and remain enrolled in at least 9 credit hours during the entire semester. Students who withdraw from all Indiana Tech courses will also be withdrawn from the Consortium course.
- Students may register for a Consortium course only if the equivalent Indiana Tech course is not available to them (is closed or conflicts with another required course) at the close of the advising and registration period.
- Students may take only one Consortium course per semester. Consortium registrations are not available during the summer.
- Students register for courses taken under the Consortium agreement at Indiana Tech. Consortium courses are treated as resident credit for purposes of satisfying graduation requirements, athletic eligibility, and financial aid. The final grade earned at the Consortium school will be posted on the student's Indiana Tech transcript.
- Students are charged the tuition they would pay if the course were offered at Indiana Tech. The host (Consortium) school will bill students only for course fees, such as lab fees, book fees, and materials fees. Students are responsible for paying any course fees directly to the host school.
- Students must have permission of their advisors and of the registrar to enroll in a Consortium course.
- Enrollment is subject to space being available in the course. The host school determines when to permit Consortium students to enroll.
- Academic regulations of the host school apply to Consortium courses. Students are responsible for being informed about starting and ending dates for the class, vacation dates, academic regulations (i.e. last date to withdraw from a class with a W, grading policies, attendance policies), and other regulations, which may differ from those of Indiana Tech.
To register for a Consortium course, students must:
- Pick up a Consortium registration form at the Registrar's office, or download it here.
- Get the approval of and signature of your advisor.
- Bring the Consortium form to the registrar's office in the Abbott Center to obtain the registrar's approval.
- Register and pay for the course at Indiana Tech's business office. (Indiana Institute of Technology tuition rates apply.)
To drop or withdraw from a Consortium course, students must:
- Pick up a drop/add or withdrawal form from your advisor at Indiana Tech.
- Have your advisor complete and sign the form.
- Return the completed form to the Registrar's Office of Indiana Tech. The Registrar's Office will notify the host school that you have dropped the course.
If you have further questions about the Consortium program, please email or call 260.422.5561, ext. 2320.