Taking an online course means that each student needs to have a computer that is capable of connecting to and interacting in a Blackboard online class. This requirement is easy to meet provided students have the following available:
- A computer that can connect to the Internet by high-speed access (DSL, Cable, FIOS).
- Your monitor resolution set no lower than 800x600. However, we recommend a minimum of 1024x768 resolution for best results.
- Computer that has a 1GHz processor speed with at least 256MB RAM.
- Sound card and speakers (optional).
- Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7) or Mac OSX (Tiger, Leopard, Lion)
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3.0+, Safari 3.0+). Using AOL or Opera web browsers are strongly discouraged as they do not work well with Blackboard.
- A word processing program that can save files in an html or web page format. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, or Word Perfect are examples of programs that will do this. A free alternative is found at OpenOffice.org.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
- Windows Media Player
If you have questions, concerns, or technical problems regarding anything listed below, please contact our Help Desk for assistance.