Live. Learn. Lead. ... Together
Indiana Tech offers an exclusive new living, learning environment for students who have leadership potential: The Tech Vanguard Society.
The Tech Vanguard Society blends our commitments to relationship-based education and leadership development by offering a select group of incoming freshman a unique experience in living, learning and leading together.
How do I benefit?
To apply for membership to the Tech Vanguard Society, please download, print, and submit the application below.
Download Application [ ]
As a member of the Vanguard Society, the chosen students will have the opportunity to:
- Enroll in courses focused on leadership development and designed for high-achieving freshmen.
- Live with other members of the Tech Vanguard Society in the Pierson Center.
- Assess their personal leadership styles while learning from campus and community leaders about the importance of leadership in their professions.
- Participate in activities such as:
- Business ethics luncheons with area executives
- Trips to local cultural events
- Community volunteer projects
- Plan and organize activities for other students on campus.
- Serve as peer mentors for area middle school students.
Your college education is intended to prepare you for a fulfilling and successful career. The curriculum of your degree program will provide the knowledge and skills you need for that career, but your future employers also will be looking for leadership skills. Membership in the Tech Vanguard Society is your gateway to becoming a campus leader and distinguishing yourself among competition in the job market.
Members of the Tech Vanguard Society will be selected based on:
- High school GPA
- SAT or ACT scores
- Leadership experience
- An essay on why they would like to participate
How to get started
Begin your leadership development now by applying for membership in the Tech Vanguard Society for fall 2011. Priority will be given to applications submitted by May 1, 2011.
For more information, contact Cindy Verduce, director of the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.937.2448, ext. 2200.