Planning Your Move
Deciding what you need for life on campus can be a challenge since you don't want to overpack or forget something important. Since each of our residence halls is different, we've prepared checklists of suggested items for each building so that you can have a good idea of what you'll need depending on where you'll live.
What to bring
- Sheets, blankets, pillows and pillowcases (remember, the beds are twin extra long)
- Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste etc.)
- Cleaning supplies
- Desk supplies such as pens, paper, stapler, ruler, etc.
- Surge protector
What not to bring
Here is a short list of items that are not allowed in any residence hall or on campus.
- Candles, incense, etc.
- Electrical appliances that may be fire hazards such as portable heaters, air conditioners, hot plates, crock pots, deep fryers, soldering irons, etc.
- Firearms or other weapons
- Alcohol or drugs
- Pets of any kind. The only exception is an aquarium containing fish that cannot live outside of water and pose no danger to people through incidental contact.
Save time and money with Dorm-In-A-Box
Want to save time on shopping, Indiana Tech has partnered with Dorm-In-A-Box to offer you a low cost solution in obtaining most of your university housing needs. To keep the cost to our students as low as possible, the university has chosen to waive any commision we would have received from this partnership.
Explore and start shopping