Frank & Anne Oropeza Hall
The latest addition to the Indiana Tech campus, Frank & Anne Oropeza Hall opened in fall 2009 and features apartment-style accommodations for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The facility accommodates 62 students in 16 apartments (four students per apartment), and is staffed by two resident assistants.
Amenities in each apartment include:
- Two bedrooms (two students per bedroom).
- Within each bedroom, each student has his or her own bed with twin long (80-inch) mattress, desk with bookcase, chair, and dresser with bookcase.
- Full walk-in closets in each bedroom.
- Bathroom with vanity and sink for each student.
- Kitchenette with sink, counters, cabinets, and full-size refrigerator.
- Living room with couch, chair, coffee table, and end table.
Telephone service inside the rooms is not active by default. Any student wishing to have telephone service in their residence hall room may lease an IP phone from the information technology office.
In addition to the student apartments, Frank & Anne Oropeza Hall has two community rooms located on the first and second floors. The large community room on the first floor contains lounge furniture, a gas fireplace, pool table, large LCD television, tables and chairs, and a full kitchen available upon request. The second floor community area is a loft overlooking the first floor and contains lounge furniture and a gaming/card table. The facility is monitored by closed circuit video surveillance both internally and externally.
The main entrance to the building is controlled by card access with two restricted points of entry. The apartments are also equipped with video airphones, which allow visitors to buzz their host's room and also to be seen before students grant access to the visiting person. Laundry facilities are located on each floor and contain one washer ($1.25) and two dryers ($1.00).
Students living in Frank & Anne Oropeza Hall are required to purchase the meal plan.
Photos of Frank & Anne Oropeza Hall.