Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can seem like a complicated process, but there are really just two steps you should be concerned with:
Step 1: File your FAFSA
Attention: Make sure you familiarize yourself with the new policies pertaining to direct loans.
Read about it here [ ]
The Five-Minute FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the basic federal form that determines your eligibility for all need-based aid. The same form is used for all students - graduate and undergraduate, traditional and nontraditional. As the name implies, there is no charge to file the form. Remember to indicate Indiana Tech as a college choice by using our OE code number, 001805. You can file the FAFSA anytime but it must reach the federal processor by March 10 in order to apply for Indiana state aid.
Step 2: Reply to requests
If we need additional information or verification of anything, we'll ask. When we do, please reply as promptly as possible.
- Complete all forms accurately. Errors are likely to cause delays.
- Comply with all deadlines.
- Keep copies of all paperwork for your records.
- Remember that changes in your enrollment status will change your aid eligibility.
- Remember that you have to file for financial aid every year.