Stats & Facts
You can’t really get to know Indiana Tech without talking to our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. But having a few basic nuggets of information can help you get started exploring our university.
The basics about Indiana Tech
- Preferred Name: Indiana Tech
- Official Name: Indiana Institute of Technology
- Founding Date: June 1930
- Main Campus: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Regional Campuses: We have regional campuses throughout Indiana and Kentucky.
- School Colors: Orange and black
How we do academics
- Degree Levels: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral
- Areas of Study: Our most popular degree programs are in business, engineering, computer science, criminal justice, and education.
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 19:1
- Colleges, Schools & Centers: College of Business, College of Engineering, College of General Studies, Law School; School of Computer Sciences (part of the College of Engineering), School of Education (part of the College of General Studies), Center for Criminal Justice
- Accreditation: Indiana Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
How we do enrollment (Fall 2015)
- Total Enrollment: About 7,500
- Traditional Undergraduate Students: 1,450
- Evening/Weekend/Online Undergraduate Students: 5,447
- Graduate Students: About 610
How we do athletics