And the Winners Are...
The Office of Institutional Advancement established three alumni awards to honor exemplary dedication and commitment to Indiana Tech. These awards recognize those alumni who go above and beyond to accelerate excellence at Indiana Tech. They exemplify the true heart and spirit of what it means to be a Warrior. Helping to improve the university, serving and mentoring students, and community involvement are all areas in which these outstanding individuals excel. These awards are presented annually during Homecoming.
Alumni Volunteer of the Year
This award was established in 2007 to recognize overall outstanding dedication and commitment to Indiana Tech.
- 2012: Max E. Baumgardner (BSME, 1956)
- 2011: David Barrett (BSEE, 1977)
- 2010: Gregory Lynch (BSCE, 1981)
- 2009: C. Gene Dominique (BSME, 1961)
- 2008: Gary R. Hall (BSELE, 1960)
- 2007: Donald H. King (BSCE, 1959)
Outstanding CPS Alumni
This award was established in 2008 to honor an outstanding graduate of Indiana Tech’s College of Professional Studies degree program who has remained committed to Indiana Tech following the completion of his/her degree.
- 2012: Amber M. Recker (MBA 2005)
- 2011: Tamra Dominique (BSBA, 1994, MBA 2001)
- 2010: Simon Short (MBA, 2008)
- 2008: Katherine L. Mettler (BSBA, 2002; MBA/MSM, 2007)
The Graduate of the Last Decade (G.O.L.D.) award was created in 2008 to recognize the service to Indiana Tech and the career achievements of a graduate of Indiana Tech’s traditional degree program.
- 2012: Nejith Fernando (BSCIS, 2005)
- 2011: Jill Foxworthy (BSACC, 2001)
- 2010: Mary Cordova (BSIME, 2001)
- 2009: Brandan Haines (BSCIS, 1999)
- 2008: Jason S. Cranda (BSACC, 1999)
Alumni Hall of Fame
The Alumni Hall of Fame was established in honor of Indiana Tech’s 75th anniversary to recognize alumni having worthy and significant accomplishments. The awards are based upon demonstrated exceptional achievements in the following areas:
Acheivement in a career path/chosen field by:
- Attaining unusual distinction through such areas as inventions, patents, discoveries, and creative solutions
- Excelling in business through leadership, influence, and initiative
- Providing opportunities for other people to succeed in growth and/or development in professional career; (internships, encouragement, scholarships, mentoring, etc.)
Contribution to the community by:
- Fostering community spirit through such things as public service, philanthropy, and volunteering
- Cultivating economic development
Fostering the advancement of Indiana Tech through:
- Distinguished volunteer service
- Gifts to the university