Student Ambassadors play a vital support role in the Indiana Tech community. They are a select group of students who assist the Office of Institutional Advancement staff with special events, building and campus tours, recruitment of new ambassadors, and offer suggestions for continuous improvement. Each ambassador serves as a positive representative of the university to special guests, to our alumni, to the community, and to the media.
The fine print
Ambassadors are expected to maintain a positive image both on and off campus. Some of the characteristics that should be demonstrated include strong moral and ethical character, integrity, friendliness, and an ability to interact with a wide-range of people with enthusiasm and energy. High expectations are set for this group of leaders.
Ambassadors must be punctual, personable, and positive in addition to striving to be prepared to answer general questions about Indiana Tech as well as questions about their personal experiences at Tech.
The benefits of being a Student Ambassador
Listed below are just a few reasons how signing up to be a student ambassador can benefit you.
- Because you can only play video games so long before you need to get out and interact with real, live people. Additionally, you get to hang out with that super cool alumni director guy!
- A chance to drive VIPs around on golf carts during Warrior Weekend.
- It's a nice addition to put on your résumé.
- You get to network with community and business leaders.
- You'll develop strong leadership and communication skills.
- Free food. Enough said.
- You'll have several opportunities to dress up in fancy clothes.
- Help make a difference in the community and feel good about helping others out.
- You get to share your thoughts and ideas to improve Indiana Tech.
- Two words: Diplomatic immunity. (Okay, that’s not really true, but you do get some pretty nice perks, like free meals, rubbing shoulders with very successful alums, attending nice events at no cost, etc.)
You must be a student in good standing at Indiana Tech and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5. Each potential ambassador must complete the Student Ambassador application, must be nominated by a current ambassador or faculty/staff member, must undergo an interview process conducted by one or more current ambassadors, and must be approved by the Student Ambassador sponsor (director of alumni relations).
- To positively represent Indiana Tech, both on and off campus
- Provide campus tours during Homecoming and other special events
- Interact with alumni during Homecoming and other special events
- Assist with set up, organization, and clean-up of alumni events
- Participate in groundbreaking ceremonies and building dedications for campus expansion
- Participate in community service projects/activities
- Help generate new ideas for campus improvement
- Represent the university to the media and community
- Attend regular monthly meetings and other requested functions/events
- Have fun and enjoy the Indiana Tech experience!