Indiana state legislators are creating the budget for the next two years. Let’s encourage them to keep the level of student aid strong! Here’s how you can help:
Complete a quick card to your legislators
- It’s easy. Just say thank you for the grants, tell them how much state funding helps you, and ask them to keep that funding at strong levels. You can even upload your picture so your legislators see who’s talking. The Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) will send your message to your hometown legislator.
- Complete a quick (student) card now
Join the Student Lobby Day in Indianapolis
- On March 8, Indiana Tech will take a busload of students to lobby at the State House in Indianapolis. See government in action and talk with the legislators. Lunch and T-shirts are provided. Spend time with friends on this important day trip!
- Tech's providing the bus.
If you want to go to Indianapolis, contact:
Even if you’re not from Indiana, need-based state funding is important to you because it helps keep tuition costs from increasing and helps your classmates who are receiving state funding to keep coming to Tech. So, all interested students are invited to make the journey to the State House. Or click on the Student Card link above and send a message to the legislators for Tech’s campus.
Take the time to get involved! If you have any questions, need any help, and/or want to go on the Indianapolis trip, just contact Jessica Inniger or Lisa Green.
Let Your Voice Be Heard!
Thank you for your interest in helping to protect need-based grants to students.
Indiana’s legislators are preparing the state budget for the next two years. One of the factors they’ll be looking at is the amount of money each student can receive to help with college costs, known as SSACI (State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana) funding.
- Help students afford college
- Help keep independent universities strong
- Help to keep tuition costs level
- Help all students
For additional information, please refer to the Facts about Private Universities and State Funds document.
You can help! Please write to the legislators and remind them how important this funding is to independent universities, to you, to everyone.
If you live in Indiana:
- Write to your hometown legislator.
If you live outside of Indiana:
- Write to the state legislators for Indiana Tech’s campus. (Rep. Win Moses and Sen. David Long)
Let your opinion be counted!