Students Take Advantage of NSBE Convention Opportunities
Nine students represented Indiana Tech at the NSBE (National Society for Black Engineers) Annual Convention in Nashville, Tenn., in April and made a big impact at the four-day event.
Collectively, the students:
- revised their résumés 26 times based on feedback from NSBE professionals
- shared these résumés with over 59 companies at the Career Fair
- received a total of 8 interviews, one of which led to an internship
- attended 41 workshops on technical research and professionalism
- attended 13 national and regional NSBE business and election meetings
- networked in 26 different hospitality suites
Two students in particular took advantage of all the networking and professional development opportunities available at the convention; out of 9,000 attendees, Jules Tam and Desmond Jones earned first and second place for the most active convention participants.
NSBE faculty advisor Susan McGrade, professor of English, accompanied the students on the trip.
“The students took the convention seriously and capitalized on the many opportunities that were provided,” she said. “Tech has reason to be proud of their efforts!”