5k Fun Run to Crush Hunger
- Indiana Tech is proud to host its second 5k Fun Run to Crush Hunger to raise funds for the Community Harvest Food Bank’s U Can Crush Hunger campaign.
The Community Harvest Food Bank, based in Fort Wayne, distributes 13.6 million pounds of food to nearly 85,000 unique individuals every year. The “U Can Crush Hunger Campaign” is a competition against regional colleges to collect food and raise money for the Community Harvest Food Bank. During the campaign last year, the Warriors of Indiana Tech came together to collect a total of 11,652 pounds of food.
Indiana Tech’s 5k Fun Run is a free run, but if you participate, we ask that you donate to Community Harvest Food Bank online or bring five (or more) canned food items to the run. Every donation helps, no matter the amount!
Why You Should Participate
It is FREE. The run is for everyone, so bring all your family and friends! If you have ever wanted to run a 5k – this is the run for you! And whether you are a seasoned athlete or recreational walker, this is a great opportunity to give back to the Fort Wayne community, while enjoying a festive fall morning. The route is full of encouraging volunteers cheering on the runners and adding a special touch to the experience.
The run begins at Indiana Tech’s campus and connects to the River Greenway and finishes back at Indiana Tech’s campus. There is little to no elevation. It’s an awesome route for a Saturday morning run. The official course map is posted on Facebook and will be shared via email a week prior to the run. The course is full of fun signs and volunteers to cheer you on.
- All runners must sign in before the run to confirm they have signed a waiver and receive a running number. Runners can exchange their running number for a finisher’s medal at the completion of the run.
- All runners and walkers are welcome – we just ask that you are able to complete the 3.1 miles in 75 minutes or less. Strollers and kids are welcome!
- T-shirts will be available to purchase. Please indicate size on your sign-up form to ensure that you will get one. All sale proceeds are donated to the Community Harvest Food Bank.
- PLEASE sign up in advance. Although no payment is required, early sign up will help the organizers plan accordingly.
- Join us for post run snacks, raffle prizes, and photos. It will be a fun time.
We can’t wait to see you crush this run and crush hunger!