Convocation, from the Latin convocare, means “to call together.”
At the start of each academic year, we call together Indiana Tech’s student body, faculty and staff for convocation – a time to celebrate a new beginning and to welcome all our new Warriors to the fold.
As a university, we use this time to rededicate ourselves to our mission of providing learners a professional education; preparing them for active participation, career advancement, and leadership in the global 21st century society; and motivating them toward a life of significance and worth.
To our students, we hope that you draw from this gathering the inspiration, motivation and focus that will lead you to a successful academic year.
Scheduled Class Changes
We will be operating on an adjusted class schedule for the day so that all faculty and students are available between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
|Normal Class Schedule||Tuesday 8/27 Class Schedule|
|8 – 9:15 a.m.||8 – 8:50 a.m.|
|9:30 – 10:45 a.m.||9 – 9:50 a.m.|
|11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||10 – 10:50 a.m.|
|12:30 – 1:45 p.m.||1:30 – 2:20 p.m.|
|2 – 3:15 p.m.||2:30 – 3:20 p.m.|
- All students (except seniors) and staff will assemble in the Schaefer Center Gymnasium at 11:00 a.m.
- Senior students will gather in the Multiflex Theater in the Snyder Academic Center at 11:00 a.m. and then process in a “senior walk” across campus to the Schaefer Center Gymnasium.
- Faculty will gather in the Seitz Conference Center in Andorfer Commons at 11:00 a.m. in academic regalia to process into the gymnasium.
- The Convocation Ceremony will include:
- The Leepoxy Faculty Award for Innovative Practices
- Brief remarks from Dr. Karl Einolf, president
- Student address from Max Craft, senior, communications
- A pledge from faculty and staff led by Dr. Tom Kaplan, vice president for academic affairs
- A pledge from students led by Max Craft
- Presentation of Senior Pins led by Dr. Dan Stoker, vice president for student affairs
- Singing of the Indiana Tech Alma Mater
Immediately following the Convocation, we will gather in Andorfer Commons for a community-wide campus picnic… with FREE t-shirts.