About Our Nurse Practitioner
Susan Maloney, MSN, FNP-BC: Susan Maloney is a certified family nurse practitioner with over 30 years of combined experience in Nursing and as an Advanced Practice Provider. She graduated from the Lutheran College of Health Professions in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1990 with an associate degree in nursing. She earned a master’s in nursing/family nurse practitioner from the University of Saint Francis in 2011. She has a variety of experience including working areas of Family Nurse Practitioner, Acute care and Business healthcare provider, Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living nursing care, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary, and Genetics. She has worked for more than 10 years as a maternal/fetal medicine high-risk OB nurse. She was a registered nurse on the medical/surgical unit at Lutheran Hospital and at Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro.
Susan’s role at the clinic is to offer students medical care for acute illnesses and injuries that may occur, and to maximize students’ overall health and wellness during their education at Indiana Tech.
- Acute care for minor illnesses/injuries,
- Pharmaceuticals (writing prescriptions for medications associated with treatment plan)
- Referrals to primary care physicians that are accepting new patients
- Referrals to appropriate levels of treatment when unable to provide treatment onsite
- Mental health referrals (18 and older to the Indiana Tech provided counselor or to Indiana Tech Student Services for available resources)
- Maintenance of medical records
Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Appointments can be scheduled at https://mpclinicschedule.setster.com/. Click on Indiana Tech Onsite Clinic. Next, select Clinic Visit. Choose the Date and Time. Enter your Name, your email address, and any notes or special requests, then submit. You will receive a confirmation email that you must click on the “Click Here” button to confirm your appointment. Walk-ins are not currently being accepted currently under our COVID protocol but normally are accepted during regular office hours.
Located in Andorfer Commons on the 1st floor (Andorfer 164) within the Student Affairs Suite (Andorfer 150).