Indiana Tech recognizes outstanding employers and student interns during its 2019 RISE Awards
May 2, 2019
Indiana Tech and its Career Center team honored employer partners and student interns during its 2019 RISE (Recognizing Interns, Students and Employers) Awards ceremony held at the university on Tuesday, April 30. The RISE Awards recognize those who have done outstanding work in equipping Indiana Tech students for success in careers and life after college.
Indiana Tech 2019 RISE Award winners included:
Intern of the Year: Mara Zell, marketing intern with Franklin Electric. Awarded annually to an Indiana Tech student who has made outstanding contributions to an employer’s business while demonstrating exemplary leadership skills, maturity and professionalism throughout their internship. In nominating Mara for the Intern of the Year Award, her supervisor, Eric Pulley, noted, “I truthfully don’t know what we would do without Mara Zell in our Marketing Department. She shows integrity and character in everything she works on by focusing on what’s best for Franklin Electric and our departmental goals. We are proud to have Mara on the Franklin Electric team!”
Intern Program of the Year: Fort Wayne Metals. Honors an employer internship program and/or an individual intern supervisor for their leadership, integrity, understanding, and support of their employees, both professionally and personally.
Employer Partner of the Year – For-Profit: Schneider Electric. Given annually to a for-profit company that has had a vital impact on internships during the past year and shown generosity in supporting Indiana Tech Career Center events, programs, and services.
Employer Partner of the Year – Non-Profit: Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana. Presented each year to a non-profit organization that has had a significant impact on internships during the past year and shown generosity in supporting Indiana Tech Career Center events, programs, and services.
Indiana Tech Internal Intern of the Year: Courtney Mack, interning with Tech Treasures. Recognizes the outstanding contributions and achievements of a student interning with an Indiana Tech department and their work to support fellow students, faculty, and staff members at the university.
Indiana Tech Student Employee of the Year: Cameren Hall, Conference Services. Awarded to an outstanding student employee who works in an Indiana Tech department while attending college full time.
Cindy Verduce, director of career services at Indiana Tech, commented, “As a university that prepares students not only for great careers, but for lives of leadership, we count on great partners throughout our community to provide meaningful career opportunities for all of our students. Our employer partners and intern program leaders do an amazing job of helping our students develop the skills and experience that will enable them to succeed in life after college. At the same time, our talented student interns offer them hard work, dedication, and skills that make a difference in their operations. The RISE Awards are Indiana Tech’s way of recognizing the tremendous work both employers and students perform each year in the area of internships.”
During the RISE Awards ceremony, Indiana Tech also awarded honorable mention recognition to three Intern of the Year candidates:
- Madhurima Mohite, engineering intern with Web Industries of Fort Wayne
- Adam Swanson, software development intern with West Side Tractor Sales
- Quentin Buck, engineering intern with Metal Forming Corporation
Additional Intern of the Year nominees included:
- Austin Alexander, Midmark Corporation
- Ethan Anderson, Steel Dynamics
- Oko Anyabwile, Circle Logistics and Vera Bradley.
- Landon Bloir, Mad Anthony Brewing Company
- Jordyn Brooks, MW Consulting Engineers
- Justin Burge, Incipio Devices
- Christian Corrion, General Motors
- Leo Corso, Fort Wayne Metals
- Joseph Deboer, Paulding Putnam Electric
- Branson Dossen, Fort Wayne Metals
- Sabrina Foest, Phillips Financial
- Maysie Hewitt, Schneider Electric
- Jasmine Hiss, Android Industries
- Tim Hostetler, QSI Automation
- Kendall Knapke, Mad Anthony Brewing Company
- Tearra Lapsley, Allen County CASA
- Hayley Newman, Charis House
- Kobe Raypole, Rouxbe Online Cooking
- Aqeel ur Rehman, Mobile Center, Inc.
- Sean Williamson, Avancez
- Joe Wolf, SDI LaFarga