Parkview Health, Indiana Tech and Huntington University partner on new accelerated nursing degree programJanuary 17, 2023
Parkview Health, Indiana Tech and Huntington University have partnered to launch a new accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program to be taught by Huntington nursing faculty on Indiana Tech’s main campus in Fort Wayne. Parkview Health will provide clinical placements to students during the program, job placement upon successful program completion, and significant tuition support to qualifying students that will cover the cost of the program. The first classes in the program will begin in August 2023.
Students who have a bachelor’s degree in any field and have completed key pre-requisites can enroll in the full-time, in-person, accelerated program. In just 13 months, graduates can earn their bachelor’s degree in nursing and start their nursing career immediately. Key program details include:
- The program is offered full-time and in-person, spanning 13 months from start to completion. All courses are taught by Huntington University’s nursing faculty
- Students who successfully complete the program can have their full tuition covered and a job waiting for them thanks to the Parkview ABSN Tuition Reimbursement program made possible by Parkview Health and administered through the Questa Education Foundation.
- Students will earn a Huntington University Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree through the program. The Huntington nursing program has proudly maintained a 100% job placement rate among licensed graduates for more than 10 years.
- All classes will be held in all-new, state-of-the-art facilities on Indiana Tech’s Fort Wayne campus. Indiana Tech is also responsible for enrollment management and marketing of the program to prospective students.
- Clinical work during the program will take place at Parkview Health facilities throughout northeast Indiana.
Per the guidelines for the program established by the Indiana State Board of Nursing, the new accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program may admit up to 25 students for the first cohort that will begin in August 2023. The second class cohort will begin studies in January 2024, with new cohorts then beginning each August and January from that point forward.
Jodi Eckert, Director of Nursing at Huntington University, commented, “This new partnership delivers a program that is the perfect choice for students looking for a career that is more than just a job. All of us at Huntington University are proud of our nursing program, our students and our graduates. Huntington also has a long legacy of helping students align their work with their commitment to service and faith. And Indiana Tech’s proven commitment to every student’s success ensures they’ll have great facilities in which to learn and the support they need, every step of the way.”
Dr. Steve Herendeen, Indiana Tech Vice President for Enrollment Management, said, “Now, more than ever, there is a critical need for skilled, dedicated nurses. This Parkview Health, Indiana Tech and Huntington University partnership brings together a high-quality degree program, excellent facilities in a convenient location, and outstanding tuition support and job placement opportunities for every student. Graduates will be well-positioned to enter this compelling field immediately upon completion of the program.”
“We are incredibly excited to partner with Huntington University and Indiana Tech in creating this opportunity for the future nurses of our community,” said Erin LaCross, senior vice president, nursing professional development, Parkview Health. “Huntington’s legacy of service and faith, combined with the state-of-the-art learning facilities of Indiana Tech, provide a solid foundation for nursing students to graduate ready for practice in today’s unique healthcare environment. We are confident that the immersive clinical experiences in our Parkview facilities throughout the region will prepare students for a smooth transition into an exciting and fulfilling career as Parkview nurses.”
To learn more about the accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and to apply today, please visit academics.indianatech.edu/bsn.