Faculty and students prepare for Tech’s transition to Canvas LMS in JanuaryDecember 27, 2023
Earlier in 2023, Indiana Tech announced it would move from Blackboard to the Canvas learning management system (LMS). That transition will take affect in January for all students.
- Ph.D. students will begin using Canvas when Session 3 starts on January 8
- 8-week graduate students will begin using Canvas when Session 3 starts on January 15
- Traditional students will begin using Canvas when the spring semester starts on January 17
- Adult/online studentswill begin using Canvas when Session 5 starts on January 29
Students who will be affected by this change are encouraged to review the wealth of support resources the university has assembled on its Indiana Tech Canvas Transition Website.
The Canvas LMS was chosen by the university’s LMS Selection committee because it felt this platform would offers a more more user-friendly and enriching learning experience for Indiana Tech students. Here is why:
- It has a more contemporary and intuitive interface and other features that will improve the student experience.
- The app is mobile-friendly.
- Canvas provides outstanding support, including a 24/7 help desk.
- Built-in messaging allows students to communicate even better with faculty.
- Canvas features technology that will facilitate better Tech Live sessions.