Vaccinations “strongly urged” as Indiana Tech approaches 2021-22 school yearJuly 19, 2021
As the 2021-22 academic year approaches, Indiana Tech is getting ready to welcome students back to campus this fall. Given the changes we all have experienced over the past several months related to COVID-19, the university is taking this time to inform our students, faculty and staff about how it is approaching the upcoming school year.
Our top priority remains the health and well-being of everyone within our campus communities. As such:
- All students, faculty and staff are strongly urged to be fully vaccinated before their return to campus in August. This means you would have received the last dose of your vaccine series at least two weeks before your arrival to campus.
- We continue to urge all within our campus community who feel ill to stay home to prevent the possible spread of illness. If you feel ill but cannot stay home, you are urged to wear a mask.
Those students, faculty and staff who return to campus fully vaccinated:
- Will not have to wear a mask.
- Will not have to quarantine if identified as a close contact.
- Will not have to quarantine upon arrival to the U.S.*
- Will not have to maintain a six-foot distance from others to socially distance.
- Will not have to be tested for athletic participation.
- Will experience campus and campus life as close to pre-pandemic-normal as possible.
*International students arriving to Indiana Tech will need to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in the U.S. if they are not fully vaccinated.
Those students, faculty and staff who return to campus NOT fully vaccinated:
- Are recommended to wear masks and maintain a three-foot distance from others while indoors.
- Are recommended to maintain a six-foot distance from others, if unmasked.
Additional considerations for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Classes will be in person.
- Dining operations are expected to be normal. Take-out options may be available, upon request.
- University programs and events will return in person, with no limitations on attendance.
- We are not currently planning to conduct COVID-19 testing on campus this year. As such, individuals requiring COVID-19 testing may need to seek services off-campus at their own expense.
- We are developing plans to have a mobile vaccination clinic available on-campus during the first two weeks of the semester for those who have not been vaccinated. Details to come.
- Athletes are strongly recommended to be vaccinated to avoid additional testing protocols or risking the quarantine or isolation of teammates.
Indiana Tech’s approach to COVID-19 for the 2021-22 school year is based on recommendations from state and local health officials. It is subject to change based on those agencies’ recommendations and as pandemic conditions continue to evolve over time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Indiana Tech’s approach to COVID-19 for the 2021-22 academic year, email us at COVID19@indianatech.edu.