Scheduling Philosophy & Guidelines
The use of facilities on the Indiana Tech campus are primarily meant to help the University meet its mission and objectives. This includes academic, residential, athletic, academic support, and student life needs on behalf of our students.
It is the policy of the University to optimize the use and rentals of its facilities in accordance to the mission, goals, and standards of Indiana Tech. Indiana Tech faculty or staff who wish to host an event or meeting on behalf of an external organization, please contact the point of contact for the space that organization is hoping to utilize.
In general, external organizations who host meetings or events on campus are subject to the following guidelines. Departments who oversee facilities reserve the rights to specify policies, but in general the below are applicable to all spaces:
- Various venues schedule and rent institutional spaces separately.
- All catering on campus must be arranged through the on-campus catering, TechFresh Catering, unless permission is granted under our food contract’s First Right of Refusal Clause.
- A facilities usage agreement is put in place for external organizations or private rental for events on campus.
- The external organization or renter should provide Indiana Tech with proof of insurance with a minimum of one million dollars of General Liability coverage, and Indiana Tech named as an additional insured.
- If an external organization or renter utilizes a vender or contractor in the execution of their event, then documentation of adequate liability insurance by the vender or contractor should be provided in advance of the event.
- In the event that a University event or need arises in conflict with an external organization or private rental, Indiana Tech reserves the right to move the external event or cancel it. Institutional needs take priority in order to best serve our students and campus community.
- Indiana Tech reserves the right to ensure appropriate event supervision is present and to close any event which is putting persons or facilities in danger.
Fuller facilities’ usage polices and guidelines are specific to the space utilized and may be obtained through their contact.