Indiana Tech is a comprehensive, private, not-for-profit, four-year university.
The basics about Indiana Tech
- Preferred Name: Indiana Tech
- Official Name: Indiana Institute of Technology
- Founding Date: June 1930
- President: Karl W. Einolf, Ph.D.
- Main Campus: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Regional Locations: We have 19 locations throughout Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
- School Colors: Orange and black
How we do academics
- What We Offer: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees; undergraduate and graduate certificates
- Traditional Undergraduate Student-Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Colleges, Schools & Centers: College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Computer Sciences, Center for Criminal Justice
- Accreditation: Indiana Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well other national and regional accrediting bodies.
How we do athletics
- Team Name: The Warriors
- Mascot: Maximus
- Athletics Website: Indiana Tech Warrior Athletics
- National Level: National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA); American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA)
- Conference: Most teams compete in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The men’s wrestling team team competes in the Sooner Athletic Conference. The men’s D1 hockey team competes in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC), and the men’s D3 hockey team competes in the Michigan Collegiate Hockey Conference. Our bowling teams compete in the United States Bowling Congres (USBC).