Indiana Tech is a comprehensive, private, not-for-profit, four-year university.
The basics about Indiana Tech
- Preferred Name: Indiana Tech
- Official Name: Indiana Institute of Technology
- Founded: June 1930
- President: Karl W. Einolf, Ph.D.
- Main Campus: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Regional Locations: We have 19 locations throughout Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky
- School Colors: Orange and black
How we do academics
- What We Offer: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees; undergraduate and graduate certificates
- Traditional Undergraduate Student-Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Colleges, Schools & Centers: College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Computer Sciences, Center for Criminal Justice
- Accreditation: Indiana Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well other national and regional accrediting bodies
How we do athletics
- Team Name: The Warriors
- Mascot: Maximus
- Athletics Website: Indiana Tech Warrior Athletics
- National Level: National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA); American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA)
- Most teams compete in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC).
- Our women’s wrestling team competes in the Mid-South Conference (MSC).
- The men’s ACHA D1 hockey team competes in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC)
- The men’s ACHA D3 hockey team competes in the Michigan Collegiate Hockey Conference (MCHC).
- Affiliates: Our bowling teams compete in the United States Bowling Congres (USBC).