Stats & Facts
Indiana Tech is a comprehensive, private, not-for-profit university founded in 1930 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The basics about Indiana Tech
- Preferred Name: Indiana Tech
- Official Name: Indiana Institute of Technology
- Founding Date: June 1930
- Main Campus: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Regional Campuses: We have regional campuses throughout Indiana and Kentucky.
- School Colors: Orange and black
How we do academics
- Degree Levels: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral
- Areas of Study: Our most popular degree programs are in business, engineering, computer science, criminal justice
- Traditional Undergraduate Student-Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Colleges, Schools & Centers: College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Computer Sciences (part of the College of Engineering), Center for Criminal Justice
- Accreditation: Indiana Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Most Popular Degree Programs
How we do enrollment (Fall 2017)
- Total Enrollment: About 10,282
- Traditional Undergraduate Students: 1,710
- Evening/Weekend/Online Undergraduate Students: 8,572
How we do athletics
- Team Name: The Warriors
- Mascot: Maximus
- Athletics Website: Indiana Tech Warrior Athletics
- National Level: National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA); American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA)
- Conference: Most teams compete in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The men’s wrestling team team competes in the Sooner Athletic Conference. The men’s D1 hockey team competes in the Great Lakes Collegiate Hockey League, and the men’s D3 hockey team competes in the Michigan Collegiate Hockey Conference.